So, if you’re looking for more information on how we collect, store, use and share your personal data we collect, this is the place for you!
Now to start us off with, a couple of practical but highly important details for you to take note of!
Who we are
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this policy, please use the provided information below:
EMECSTUDIOS NV (legal name)
MASSIVE Q STUDIOS NV (commercial name)
Our website address is: https://massiveq.com
You can contact us here.
Your rights as a someone we have personal data about (data subject)
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. If we are legally obligated to keep the information or if it is impossible or unproportionate, we won’t delete it but we will only keep it for as long as it is needed and we have time limits on our data systems.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to have a computer make decisions about you directly (this doesn’t include general marketing based on your age or gender).
- Right to judicial review – if we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain.
One thing to bear in mind before contacting us. Our site may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us. It could as an example be social media platforms/services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites, so if you have questions regarding such sites, you need to contact the site directly. We also really encourage you to be aware and read the privacy policies of other sites because they may very easily be collecting, storing, using and sharing your personal information.
Complaints about our behavior
You have the right to complain if you don’t feel EMECSTUDIOS NV is living up to our responsibilities when it comes to your data.
We at EMECSTUDIOS NV, take your complaint very serious. You can contact us here. We will send you a confirmation within 5 days and do our very best to deal with the issue within 1 month. If the issue is difficult or requires a lot of work it may take longer, but we will keep you updated.
You always have the right to complain to the authorities as well, but because we take privacy matters very seriously, we would really appreciate it, if you would talk to us. The authority having the right to look at us, is the Belgian Data Protection Agency. You can see further information on their webpage: https://gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be.
You can complain about:
- How your personal data has been processed.
- How your request for access to data has been handled.
- How your complaint has been handled.
- Appeal against any decision made following a complaint.
Our rules for collecting data
We take your privacy really seriously, so we’ll only ask for the information we need to have so we can give you great service.
Whenever we collect customer data, we make sure:
- We ask for permission to collect the data.
- We only use the data for the agreed reason and for the time it’s needed.
- We will as a minimum meet the local data protection laws in the country where we provide you with a service via our website.
- We keep data that we’re legally required to have on record.
- We explain why we need the data and how we’ll use it (unless we have legitimate reason not to).
- We check and update privacy information on a regular basis (we might also cross-check the data against other database to make sure it’s correct).
- We don’t share data with anyone unless we have a legal or legitimate reason, or we have permission from you or if you are a child under 16 from your parents.
Collecting data in our online channels
We collect your personal and anonymous information from you when you visit any of the sites on our MASSIVEQ.com domain. When you visit our online channels, you’ll be able to check if we’re collecting data under terms and conditions of the site.
We also receive information via third party when you visit our page on social media sites or channels (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter etc).
Types of personal information we collect
When you’re visiting any of these online channels, we may collect:
- Registration information that we use to help you set up an account (e.g. your name, country, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password).
- Payment or transactional information that we use when you buy products (e.g. postal address, phone number or credit card number).
- Location information or your IP address that we use to give you relevant online content.
- Information you provide when you use our own online channels or third-party channels (such as social networks).
Why we need to process personal data
As we’re a company that sells toys directly to customers, we need to process personal customer data, so that:
- Customers can buy products from our online MASSIVE Q store and have them delivered where they want.
- Customers are able to register any accounts they want to use.
- We can send customers any information they’ve asked us for or answer their questions.
- We can provide our customers with relevant marketing information about our products.
Always keep in mind, that if you’re using a MASSIVE Q service through a third-party channel like social media, your personal data may also be processed by that third-party according to their own privacy processes.
How we process personal data
When you visit our online channels or when you use third-party sites or platforms, we use technology such as cookies, flash cookies, pixels and web beacons to process your personal data.
Be mindful that if you do enable a prevent cookies functionality on your device, some of our services and functionalities on the site will no longer work.
Sharing information on Social Media (Features) and Widgets
Sharing information with other companies
We won’t share your personal information outside EMECSTUDIOS NV except:
- When we need to protect the safety, security, rights and property of our customers or third-party partners.
- When we need to meet legal processes or if disclosure of the data is required by law.
- When we’re asking other companies like e.g. couriers, shipping and warehouse service provides, payment providers, IT platform providers, fraud detection and prevention providers, survey providers, product catalogue providers and customer service suppliers to deliver services on our behalf.
- When we store your information using secure cloud storage services/facilities.
- If a merger, acquisition or sale of assets ever meant we needed to share information with a third party – in this case we’d email you and post a notice on our website to publish the change of owner and we’d also tell you how your data would be used and give you options regarding your personal data.
- When you have given us permission to share your information with third parties, so they can provide you with marketing information and promotions regarding our products (as an example personalized advertising provided via a social media platform). You can opt out of such marketing activities by adjusting your cookie settings on your device. In some cases, you may also need to contact the third party directly (in case of social media adjust your privacy settings and request deletion of collected information by the third-party site).
- When you’ve asked us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms like social networking sites – once it’s been shared, your personal data will be processed by that third-party according to their own privacy processes.
How long do we keep your personal information
We’ll keep your personal information as long as your account is active or as long as it’s needed to provide a service.
If you’d like to cancel your account or for us to delete your data, we’ll only keep information that we need for legal reasons, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements.
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. A cookie itself does not contain or collect information. However, when it is read by a server via a web browser it can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service – for example, remembering previous purchases or account details.
Like most websites, our online channels collect some information (e.g. information on IP addresses, browsers, internet service providers, referring pages, exit pages, operating systems, date stamps, time stamps and clickstream data). This information won’t be linked to any other information we collect about you unless you have given your consent that we may do this.
Data security and integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of customer information is extremely important to us. We use technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. All external transfers that contain personal information are done using encrypted technology. Credit card information is handled by approved service providers that meet PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards and have appropriate safeguards in place.
Although we regularly review our security procedures and evaluate new technology and methods to make our online channels safer, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Our customers also play an important role in protecting information. We encourage customers to choose passwords that are difficult for others to guess and to keep their personal passwords secret.
Should you notice any flaws or concerns in our security, please contact us as soon as possible.
If we ever experience a data breach in which customer information is at risk of being misused, we’ll contact customers according to legal requirements. If necessary, we’ll also contact data protection authorities.
GDPR and local legal requirements
We want to make sure we as a minimum use the standards of data privacy and security that follows from the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) anywhere in the world where we collect, store, use or share your personal data. These rules are set by European data authorities across the European Union (EU) and set the some of the highest standards in the world on data collection, storage, use and sharing. Where your local rules require more from us than that, we will adjust our practice to make sure your data is safe with us no matter where in the world you are!
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT OUR STORE
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping.
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraud.
- Set up your account for our store.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
- Improve our store offerings.
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them.
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you, for example analytics, marketing, payment gateways, shipping providers, and third party embeds.
We accept payments through Stripe and PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe or PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.